1. Amazing Communication
The top Airbnb hosts have high communication rates. Furthermore, Super Hosts have a minimum of a 90% response rate. How can you replicate this?
- Use Cozy’s maintenance ticket system to quickly respond to repair issues.
- Respond quickly when you have requests for a unit showing.
- Show future tenants how responsive you are by having current and former tenants review your rental property on Google Maps or your property website.
In fact, 82% of Americans at least sometimes seek out reviews before making any kind of purchase. Your prospective tenant will feel more at ease about entering a year-long commitment with you if they can view reviews beforehand. In addition, from the beginning, you are showing them that their time matters.
2. Welcome Package
A welcome package is an essential part of the experience of staying in a vacation rental. It tells guests about the property, local restaurants, and anything else they might need to know to make the vacation as simple and relaxing as possible. Long-term rentals are no exception.
Landlords should have a welcome package that includes:
- Unit rules and regulations
- A small welcome gift like flowers, chocolates, or a gift card
- Location details like public transportation, local restaurants, local events, local attractions, and anything else that might make their move more seamless.
Related: The perfect move-in package
3. Concierge Services
Lastly, landlords can create a wonderful living experience for their tenants by offering premium services included in the rent. This provides an added selling point and makes life just a little easier for your tenant.
Let’s say your usual tenant is in corporate America and pays a premium to outsource tasks. An added bonus to your rental property could be as simple as including maid service, an Amazon Fresh subscription for quick grocery delivery, and laundry service with the rent. By cutting those chores out of your tenant’s life, you’re providing the best gift you can: time
Blog Credit: landlordology.com